Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Update Regarding Our June Meet-up
At Downtown Disney
Hello All – Enjoying the heat yet?? The AMC Downtown Disney finally posted show times for this Saturday, June 24th. For those of you planning on meeting up please see the times below. You are welcome to attend all or part of the fun. Just show up! If you are planning on coming and want a contact phone send and email to email@example.com and we’ll give you Ron and/or Steve’s number so you can text us should you need to. No need to contact us otherwise. If we don’t see you Saturday then hopefully we’ll see you at our July meeting on Saturday July 22nd. In the meantime—stay cool!
Cars III at AMC Downtown Disney:
Meet at 10 AM in front of the theater. Buy your ticket when you get there or in advance. We don’t believe it’s reserved seating so it shouldn’t be an issue. Showtime is at 11AM. (Reserved seating for this theater appears to only be for the IMAX screen.)
Lunch at Rainforest Café Downtown Disney:
Meet at 1:30 PM in front of Rainforest. If you come for lunch but not the movie please be on time so we have a head count. We’ll be putting our name in at 1:30 so will need to know for how many. Please bring cash to make it easier to pay the bill. Some of us plan on browsing Downtown Disney after lunch.
Trader Sams Disneyland Hotel:
Meet at 6:30 PM at Trader Sams for a tropical drink. To make up the cancelled luau, we’re planning on finding a table (wish us luck) on the patio of Trader Sams to relax and enjoy something refreshing. Time is approximate. (Note: if it’s insanely crowded then we’ll find some place to gather at Tangaroa Terrace.)
For information on the July meeting and our previous blog post please visit: http://thestudiochapter.blogspot.com/2017/06/junejuly-meeting-update-june-24-th.html
As always if you want to receive our emails and join the chapter (no fees!) please just email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, June 8, 2017
June/July Meeting Update
June 24th – Schedule Change
- · Due to circumstance beyond our control we will NOT be having the Luau. (Sigh) We will do it in the future but not this year. Instead we’ll be meeting at Downtown Disney to watch Cars III with lunch at Rainforest after the movie. Consider this a meet-up so no RSVP needed. Just show up. We’ll send out movie time as the date approaches but we’ll be aiming for an 11 AM showing with lunch afterwards. Later in the day we’ll probably meet up at Trader Sam’s to make up for the cancellation of our Luau. J
July 22nd – Meeting and a Movie!
- · Were still meeting at Coco’s in Arcadia for our meeting and a late lunch/early dinner at 3:30. Room has been reserved. We’re trying to obtain a guest speaker for the meeting portion. Will update soon. We’ll also have a raffle and chapter updates. About 6:30 we’ll head over to the Arcadia historical museum to watch the 2003 movie Seabiscuit. Our own movie historian Annick Downhower will talk about the movie and filming locations beforehand. We expect this to be especially interesting and enlightening since she is not only a film historian but has in depth knowledge of Santa Anita and horse-racing in general. This is a free event. We’ll send details before the day of the meeting.
July 29th ‘bonus’!
· Monrovia will be presenting a Disney tribute band as part of the summer concert series. This is not an official chapter event but we wanted to pass on this information in case you are interested.
- · Disney Tribute Band
- · Saturday, July 29 - 7:00-8:30
- · Station Square Park Amphitheater
- · 1601 South Myrtle Avenue, Monrovia, Ca. 91016
- · Concerts are bring your own chair
- · Parking is in parking lot just off Myrtle, adjacent to the park. The lot is small. You can also park at the nearby Metro Goldline Parking Structure. Park is at Monrovia Gold Line Station.